Website Modern Mill, Inc.
Modern Mill is an exciting new venture in Fernwood, Mississippi. We manufacture a gorgeous, sustainable alternative to traditional composite or wood products.
We seek an extrusion processing technician to run extrusion operations, keeping the extrusion lines running continuously and efficiently while producing ACRE boards to exceed customer expectations.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Comply with Modern Mill safety and operating policies and procedures
- Set up and tear down of extruders; including in-line auxiliary equipment
- Extrude ACRE compound into product profiles, regularly making adjustments to maintain specifications
- Install and care for dies: based on product, replace worn dies, daily maintenance
- Regulate vacuum, air pressure, temperature, and speed of extruder
- Adjust speed, temperature, raw material flow to produce ACRE to spec
- Examine ACRE boards for defects and correct them. Notify supervisor of any quality or equipment issues
- Prefer at least one (1) years’ experience in extruding or work in a manufacturing plant
- Commitment to regular attendance, timeliness and scheduling flexibility
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred. U.S. Citizen/permanent residency status
- Mechanical aptitude
- Read work orders and interpret manufacturing specifications, understand and use shop math, use and interpret measuring instruments
- Work and communicate well with peers
- Write legibly, read and speak English
- Understand lean fundamentals, personal protective equipment and safety protocols
- Standing, bending, carrying, pushing, pulling, kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting (up to 50 lbs.), walking, · Prolong standing or in stationary position
- Be exposed to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (hearing, vision and hardhat protection)
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs or ladders
- Ability to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances, and in various environmental conditions, including PVC resin