Website Modern Mill, Inc.
Modern Mill is an exciting new venture in Fernwood, Mississippi. We’re manufacturing a gorgeous, sustainable alternative to traditional composite or wood products.
We’re looking for an energetic, Shipping, Receiving and Customer Service Manager to help us manage customer orders, product inventory, receiving, shipping, and distribute materials, equipment, and products within the warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project manage customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped
- Build relationships with shipping companies; schedule customer deliveries provide updates to the sales organization
- Manage materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing
- Assemble customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area or shipping department
- Identify information using appropriate method, bar codes, scanners and manually
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program
- Assist in counting of physical inventory, opening containers, pallets, etc
- Weigh and count items for distribution, pickup and estimating shipping costs
- Completing requisition forms to order supplies from other departments
- Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 3 years’ experience in shipping and receiving
- Experience working for a growing company where people wear multiple hats
- Must have purchasing experience
- Must be organized and detail oriented to track customer orders, raw materials, know when to reorder, track the orders, coordinate with the deliveries, follow up with the sales team on the deliveries.
- Customer Service experience a plus
- Must have experience with the Desktop Quickbooks Enterprise: Manufacturing and Wholesale with Advanced Inventory and Microsoft, Google products. Salesforce is a plus